Reports to: Corporate Controller
Location: Vancouver, Washington (Corporate Headquarters Office)
About CytoDyn Inc.
CytoDyn is a publicly traded late-stage biotechnology company developing innovative treatments for multiple therapeutic indications based on leronlimab, a novel humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the CCR5 receptor. It has filed a BLA with the FDA and, if approved, commercial sales could commence in early 2021. The Company is also rapidly exploring COVID-19 and various cancer indications. The Company recently filed a BLA for HIV with the FDA and, if approved, commercial sales could commence in early 2021, or sooner. The Company is also rapidly evaluating its drug, leronlimab, to treat COVID-19 and various forms of cancer.
Leronlimab is in a class of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies designed to address unmet medical needs in the areas of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (“HIV”), Cancer, and Immunology. With respect to HIV, the CCR5 receptor appears to play a key role in the ability of HIV to enter and infect healthy T-cells. The Company’s lead product candidate, leronlimab, belongs to a class of drugs known as entry inhibitors. These therapies block HIV from entering into and infecting certain cells. With respect to Cancer and Immunology, the CCR5 receptor also appears to be implicated in human metastasis and in immune-mediated illnesses such as triple-negative breast cancer, other metastatic solid tumor cancers, graft-vs-host disease (“GvHD”), and Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (“NASH”). More recently, the Company is expanding the clinical focus with leronlimab to include evaluating its effectiveness in multiple other autoimmune indications where CCR antagonism has shown initial promise, as well as COVID-19. The Company targets leronlimab treatment as a therapy for patients who experience respiratory complications as a result of contracting COVID-19. The Company believes that leronlimab provides therapeutic benefit by enhancing the immune response while mitigating the “cytokine storm” that leads to morbidity and mortality in patients experiencing this syndrome.
Summary of Position
The Company is seeking a Cost & Inventory Accounting Manager who will play a key role in the development, implementation and maintenance of inventory and cost accounting, and cost of goods sold analysis. This position will, while partnering with other key functional areas such as Manufacturing and Supply Chain, implement new processes as the Company prepares for commercialization. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day inventory and cost accounting operations, the month-end close and related reporting process. The ideal candidate has proven operational experience from companies with commercial product(s) within the life science industries, especially biotech.
- Develop the inventory costing method and KPI reporting for inventory and management cost reporting for the Company’s first commercial product, ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Responsible for assisting in the forecasting and budgeting of inventory levels and costs of goods sold.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Supply Chain Manager, as well as contract manufacturing organizations, to develop processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting of inventory data.
- Develop processes to evaluate inventory reserves.
- Develop and ensure compliance with internal controls related to inventory and cost accounting.
- Own and execute month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and analyses related to cost of goods sold, as well as inventory valuation, balances, adjustments and reserves.
- Develop standard inventory and cost of goods sold reporting for internal management.
- Support inventory transfer price calculation for inventory sold to distribution partners.
- Maintain periodic reports of inventory purchase commitments with major suppliers.
- Develop and perform internal controls related to cost of goods sold and inventory valuation and balances.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Primary contributor from Accounting in the implementation of the Supply Chain module of a tier one ERP.
- Coordinate period-end inventory counts and preparation of reconciliations.
- Take on additional duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
- Flexible, fearless, and excited about your part in our growth.
- You like to take on new challenges and take the initiative.
- Proactive resourcefulness and initiative to ask questions coupled with the ability to self-manage.
- You're willing to help wherever needed.
- Take ownership and pride of your work product.
- Drive to do what it takes to ensure the job is done.
- A learner with a mindset centered around continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively function, prioritize, and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Expert at applying past relevant experiences to define, create and implement best practices.
- A bachelor’s degree, major in Accounting, with a depth of skills in accounting (both financial and managerial), reporting, analysis, financial supply chain, processes and procedures.
- CPA and/or CMA, preferred.
- Experience with a publicly traded biotech or pharmaceutical company required, with a working knowledge of cGMP and SOX 404.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with actual and standard costing methods.
- Ability to execute month-end close and related reporting process timely and accurately.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task, and work independently, and execute objectives with minimal supervision.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with a tier one ERP is a plus.
- Competitive salary, annual incentive bonus, stock option compensation, PTO and Company holidays.
- 100% company paid medical/dental benefits for employees and all dependents.
- 401(K) Plan eligibility including employer “safe harbor” contribution equal to 3% of salary regardless of employee contribution.
- Flexible Spending Account (“FSA”) allowing employee to set aside pre-tax wages for medical costs.
- Company-paid parking in onsite parking garage.
Please send your cover letter and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org