Reports to: Corporate Controller
Location: Vancouver, Washington (Corporate Headquarters Office)
About CytoDyn Inc.
CytoDyn is a publicly traded late-stage biotechnology company developing innovative treatments for multiple therapeutic indications based on leronlimab, a novel humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the CCR5 receptor. The Company recently filed a BLA for HIV with the FDA and, if approved, commercial sales could commence in early 2021, or sooner. The Company is also rapidly exploring COVID-19 and various cancer indications.
Leronlimab is in a class of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies designed to address unmet medical needs in the areas of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (“HIV”), Cancer, and Immunology. With respect to HIV, the CCR5 receptor appears to play a key role in the ability of HIV to enter and infect healthy T-cells. The Company’s lead product candidate, leronlimab, belongs to a class of drugs known as entry inhibitors. These therapies block HIV from entering into and infecting certain cells. With respect to Cancer and Immunology, the CCR5 receptor also appears to be implicated in human metastasis and in immune-mediated illnesses such as triple-negative breast cancer, other metastatic solid tumor cancers, graft-vs-host disease (“GvHD”), and Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (“NASH”). More recently, the Company is expanding the clinical focus with leronlimab to include evaluating its effectiveness in multiple other autoimmune indications where CCR antagonism has shown initial promise, as well as COVID-19. The Company targets leronlimab treatment as a therapy for patients who experience respiratory complications as a result of contracting COVID-19. The Company believes that leronlimab provides therapeutic benefit by enhancing the immune response while mitigating the “cytokine storm” that leads to morbidity and mortality in patients experiencing this syndrome.
Summary of Position
The Company is seeking an SEC & Financial Reporting Manager who will be directly responsible for all SEC filings, assisting with financial reporting, and being the go-to technical accounting resource. This position will primarily be responsible for the schedule, coordination, preparation and timely filing of our SEC forms, including 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, S-3, S-8, et al. and assist the legal department with respect to other filings, including Section 16 filings and proxy statements. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the candidate will additionally be a key role player in the internal reporting processes and white paper documentation of new accounting, reporting, and disclosure guidance. The ideal candidate has proven SEC reporting and public accounting experience with public companies, preferably biotech.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual filings with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K.
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules and documentation for SEC filings.
- Assist with or review the XBRL process.
- Assists with the tracking and filing of Section 16 filings including but not limited to Form 4.
- Tracking of sale of unregistered securities for 8-K reporting purposes.
- Oversees the collaboration across the various stakeholders, including coordinating the review of quarterly SEC filings among the CFO, Corporate Controller, Corporate Accounting Manager, and General Counsel.
- Monitors, documents, and ensures the timely identification of and compliance with new accounting guidance and complex disclosure and reporting matters.
- Contributes to the development and execution the monthly reporting package for the monthly close process.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the quarterly Audit Committee Reporting package.
- Implements, maintains, and adheres to internal control procedures relating to reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Responsible for research, resolution, and documentation of technical accounting issues.
- Assists with the preparation and review of the Proxy Statement.
- Assists in the preparation and review of ad hoc management reporting.
- Support monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
- Participate as a subject matter expert for external audit preparation, data gathering in order to demonstrate compliance.
- Acts as a technical resource for others.
- Remain current with new technical accounting standards, industry specific standards, and best practices.
- Participate in other projects as required.
- Implementation and on-going ownership of SEC reporting software.
- Flexible, fearless, and excited about your part in our growth.
- You like to take on new challenges and take the initiative.
- Proactive resourcefulness and initiative to ask questions coupled with the ability to self-manage.
- You're willing to help wherever needed.
- Take ownership and pride of your work product.
- Drive to do what it takes to ensure the job is done.
- A learner with a mindset centered around continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively function, prioritize, and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Expert at applying past relevant experiences to define, create and implement best practices.
- 4-year Bachelor degree in Accounting from an accredited university.
- Masters degree in Accounting, preferred but not required.
- CPA required.
- Experience in public accounting and SEC reporting in a publicly-traded company required.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX 404, and experience with interpretation of US GAAP.
- Hands on experience with month-end closings and preparation of financial statements required in coordination with the Corporate Accounting Manager.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel required.
- Ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting systems.
- Ability to provide accounting guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure deadlines are met on a timely basis.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail in preparation of supporting schedules, reconciliations and SEC filings.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with other departments.
- Competitive salary, annual incentive bonus, stock option compensation, PTO and Company holidays.
- 100% company paid medical/dental benefits for employees and all dependents.
- 401(K) Plan eligibility including employer “safe harbor” contribution equal to 3% of salary regardless of employee contribution.
- Flexible Spending Account (“FSA”) allowing employee to set aside pre-tax wages for medical costs.
- Company-paid parking in onsite parking garage.
Please send your cover letter and resumé to: email@example.com