At CytoDyn we recognize the importance of the power of the human body to control disease. For that reason, as is the case in many other fields of medicine today we are looking to antibodies, the immune system’s own defense mechanism, for solutions to our most pressing human needs.
The field of HIV is rich with various stages of very potent daily treatment options. For this reason, CytoDyn as well as many other pharmaceutical companies are developing potentially long lasting solutions to ease the burden of treatment.
PRO 140: An Entry Inhibitor
CytoDyn is proud to announce the acquisition of a new antibody to its pipeline, PRO 140. PRO 140 has been under development by Progenics Pharmaceuticals and we are pleased to be able to continue the development of this potent monoclonal antibody therapeutic for HIV.
Acquiring PRO 140 provides CytoDyn with a late stage monoclonal antibody for the treatment and prevention of HIV infection. This addition compliments Cytolin, our existing early developmental stage antibody for HIV. We look forward to bringing our expertise in antibody development to bear on this additional project.
- CytoDyn Inc. Appoints David Feigal, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer
- CytoDyn Inc. Completes $14.5 Million Private Equity Offering
- CytoDyn Inc. Appoints Bruce Montgomery, M.D. to its Board of Directors
- CytoDyn Inc. Appoints Anthony D. Caracciolo as Chairman of the Board of Directors
- CytoDyn Announces Important Milestone Achieved to Initiate Phase IIb Studies
- BioWorld: MAb Purchase Fast Forwards CytoDyn’s HIV/AIDS Pipeline
- CytoDyn to Attend BIOCOM Global Life Sciences Partnering Conference
- CytoDyn Announces Collaboration with Dr. Bruce Torbett, The Scripps Research Institute, to Study PRO 140 in a Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Model of HIV Infection